Friday, October 10, 2008

New Learning

I started this semester with the intent to grasp all that I can from web design. This is my area of focus that I want the most. I want to be like a sponge and gather all the fundamentals and tricks that I can to be good at XHTML and CSS. This last assignment, which I am still tweeking, has thrown me into the deep end and is teaching me to swim. The big commission assignment in lesson 4 has helped me remember the fundamentals of XHTML. I feel like I understood XHTML from our Web Essentials class pretty good but, I never quite grasped CSS. I have enjoyed the big commission assignment and have learned much more about XHTML. But I am just begining to grasp CSS and have come a long way.
In my CSS page I have been able to create fonts, colors, margins, paddings, styles, sizes, floating, positions, div tags, external style sheets, internal style sheets, embedded style sheets and much much more. I understand the reasons behind needing CSS now. I want to learn more about it and feel like I can. I have been able to receive some help from fellow classmates who are in the class or have taken the class in previous semesters.
I am really enjoying and desire to perfect my own website in this class. I have appreciated the steps that we have taken to make my site more usable. I want to bring colors to the surface with the images and layout that I choose. This website is very important to me. I really want to prove to myself that I can do this. That this is the field that I want to be in. I want to be more than just mediocre in this class. I feel like that is what my creativity has been in the other areas in this department but, not this one. Not the one that I want as a career. I want to make this a site that people will want to come back to. One that they will tell others about! I do need lots more help in learning more about CSS and XHTML. This is what I am hoping to pull from this class. If I do nothing else in my other classes....I want to understand and apply this knowledge in to my future websites,web page designs and career.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Tiffanie,

I think you are well on your way to being more than mediocre at web design. With the will and passion you seem to possess I think you will do fine. Just keep coding!

-Mike Bohman